Lyon is one of the best cities in France that you need to visit. The town is third largest in France. It is the funds of Rhone-Alps area. The city is known for its historical and social heritage. A number of its buildings and galleries have been listed in world heritage site listing of UNESCO.
Some of the best places to visit as well as explore in Lyon are:
1. St. Jean Church: This church is dedicated to St. John and St. Stephen. It was constructed during 12th and the Thirteenth century. The earliest parts of the church have now been closed for prayers and are stored for the community display.
2 Renaissance Courtyards: These are the stunning courtyards that were constructed during the time of renaissance in the Roman style of structures.
3. Theatres Romains de Fourviere: This is the oldest theater in France and was started in 11th century AD. There's a great respect and value for it amongst the nearby inhabitants.
4. Parc de la Tete: This is a well-liked park that's made in the English style of architecture. The actual park had been built throughout the 19th century and it is one of the biggest and many beautiful city parks associated with France. It is a great place for family outings and other outdoor recreation. The main highlights of the park include a big greenhouse, botanical garden and a rose garden. Recently African Plains have also been added where the animals can wander freely.
5. Opera house: This opera house had been started in 1826 and it was later reopened within 1993. The area has hosted many opera performances and dance shows. The cup ceiling of the building is to watch out for.
6. Aquarium du Grand Lyon: This is another fascinating attraction. The aquarium is located on the outskirts of the city and has a bit of amusement for almost everyone. There are a number of types of fish and other marine life species have been kept here. Many informative lectures and slideshows are also organized to teach the masses.
7. Maison de la Dane: This is an ideal place for the dance lovers. This particular theater continues to be dedicated to dancing where you can learn various type of dance. There's a museum also is situated in the vicinity of the same building.
8. La Part Dieu: This is among the largest shopping mall in France. The mall has the presence of almost all the major brands in the world. But steer clear of this place on Sundays as it can obtain crowded.
Lyon is among the best places in France to determine and discover spectacles à Lyon. Eurostar is one of the best means to reach Paris and you can take either TGV train or even bus to Lyon.
Lyon, the culinary capital associated with France, which is the third largest town and second largest metropolitan region in France. This particular city is famous for its culture and 2000 year-old history. This city was founded by the Roman empire and a heritage city because recognized by UNESCO. This excellent city is situated between Paris and Marseille as well as 470 km away from Paris. You are able to reach presently there from Geneva which is just 170 km aside. It is located in East of France between 2 rivers named as Rhone as well as Saone. The people living there are referred to as Lyonnais. It has a 'semi continental' climate and climate is nice to go to in the month of September and October.